Mental Health in the Workplace
Fostering psychological health and safety.
1 Day Workshop
For departments that are unable to schedule this workshop for two days, a one-day agenda is provided. The purpose of this one-day workshop would be to raise awareness about mental health in the workplace and the factors required to effectively support a psychologically safe and healthy workplace.
The objectives of the one-day workshop are
- Build awareness about the continuum of mental health in the workplace
- Explore the impact of different forms of stigma towards people living with mental health problems
- Identify the indicators and workplace factors of psychological health and safety in the workplace
- Expand participants’ understanding of some signs and symptoms of mental health problems and discuss different support and accommodation measures
- Examine different dimensions of wellness
- Discuss key factors that support recovery from mental health problems
- Determine actions that can be taken to support psychological health and safety in the workplace
The target audience for this workshop will be the broad public service consisting of union members and their corresponding supervisors and managers.